BBC in-house Drama
BECTU and the BBC have agreed terms for series and serials. For productions or co-productions made by an independant production company, refer to the PACT/Bectu TV drama agreement below. Agreement is not finalised on continuing drama productions, but the BBC have agreed to work to the draft terms as they stand.
The PACT/BECTU Agreement for Major Motion Pictures with budgets of £30m+ came into effect on 2nd April 2018. The text of the agreement & some guidance notes can be found here:
- Major Motion Picture Agreement
- A comparison of changes due on 5th April 2021. The link above will link to the new version after that date.
- Major Motion Picture Agreement – BECTU Briefing Note
- Major Motion Picture Agreement – Camera Branch Notes
- Important: Open letter from BECTU’s Spencer MacDonald about the MMPA
- ‘Fraturday’ Working
The PACT/BECTU TV Drama Agreement came into effect on 1st December 2017:
- PACT/BECTU TV Drama Agreement – full text
- CAMERA BRANCH GUIDE to the Agreement – a handy phone-sized guide to download & keep for reference – iPhone users, we suggest saving it in ‘Books’. As the guide is designed to be viewed on a smartphone, the text will look huge on a laptop, so there’s an A4 leaflet version if you prefer here)
- Important note from the Branch about Prep & Wrap
- Sample Deal Memo
- Directory of PACT Members
- BECTU’s original ‘launch’ notes for the Agreement
Advertising & Branded Content
Low & No-Budget Production
Although no agreements exist to cover this sector of production, the Camera Branch is keen to make sure crew know their rights & aren’t subject to abuse. An action plan for this sector is under development, you can contribute to the consultation by downloading the document here. In the meantime there is a useful resource [archived link here] for information about your rights at work and a handy phone-sized Fact Card here.
Members considering work in the Low/No-Budget (or any other) sector are advised to check BECTU’s ‘Ask First’ list before accepting an engagement (BECTU log-in required).
Please also go to the Get Involved page & contact the Branch if you have specific queries – we’re here to help.
We are developing a questionnaire to examine terms and conditions for this sector.