The PACT/BECTU Agreement for Major Motion Pictures with budgets of £30m+ came into effect on 2nd April 2018. The text of the agreement & some guidance notes can be found here:
- Major Motion Picture Agreement
- Major Motion Picture Agreement – BECTU Briefing Note
- Major Motion Picture Agreement – Camera Branch Notes
- Important: Open letter from BECTU’s Spencer MacDonald about the MMPA
The PACT/BECTU TV Drama Agreement came into effect on 1st December 2017:
- PACT/BECTU TV Drama Agreement
- Important note from the branch about Prep & Wrap time
- BECTU Guide to the TV Drama Agreement
- Sample Deal Memo
- Camera Branch Notes for the TV Drama Agreement
- Directory of PACT Members
The TV Drama Agreement is due for its first review after 12 months & it would be useful to hear of any issues people have experienced with it – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the Get Involved page.
Low & No-Budget Production
Although no agreements exist to cover this sector of production, the Camera Branch is keen to make sure crew know their rights & aren’t subject to abuse. A specific guide is currently in preparation but in the meantime there is a useful resource here for information about your rights at work and a handy phone-sized Fact Card here.
Please also go to the Get Involved page & contact the Branch if you have specific queries – we’re here to help.