The Camera Branch is currently engaged in rewriting the National Occupational Standards for Focus Pullers & Clapper Loaders with a view to updating the qualifications to include digital production. This will also involve a new application to Skillset for funding.
A Working Group of branch members has been set up to tackle this – if you’d like to help, please contact us via the form on the Get Involved page.
BECTU also offers a range of courses in career development, safety at work, first aid and IT skills.
Courses of interest to the Camera Department:
- 5 November 2019 Build a Website in a Day Liz Hardwick
- 7 November 2019: Creative Industries Safety Passport
- 19 November 2019 Beyond Redundancy – Setting Up As A Sole Trader David Thomas
- 25 November 2019 Maximising Your Online Presence Liz Hardwick
- 28 November 2019 Emergency First Aid in the Office and Studio Lazarus Training
- 10 December 2019: Creative Industries Safety Passport
- 12 December 2019 Build a Website in a Day Liz Hardwick