● Camera Branch condensed safety info: 10+10 – WHAT TO ASK & WHAT TO DO
● Camera Branch ANONYMOUS COVID-19 SAFETY REPORTING FORM
Open to members & non-members to report concerns about health & safety with regard to Covid-19. The branch will be monitoring this closely – however any member who has immediate concerns or needs to talk to an official should contact BECTU directly on email@example.com or call 020 7346 0900 during office hours.
● BECTU & British Film Commission Guidelines for Features & TV Drama
● BECTU OB Network COVID guidance
● Government guidance for reporting of coronavirus incidents in the workplace. Under RIDDOR (The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013), your employer is obliged to report a ‘dangerous occurrence’ if an unintended incident at work has led to someone’s possible or actual exposure to coronavirus, and must also report any actual cases or deaths that happen as a result.
● JOINT SAFETY STATEMENT from Camera Branch, the BSC, the ACO, & the GBCT, 12th May 2020.
● Letter from Spencer MacDonald, the National Secretary of BECTU, outlining the union’s approach to Covid-19 safety, 4th May 2020.
GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
- FAQ – SELF-EMPLOYED INCOME SUPPORT SCHEME
- Note – HMRC now have an on-line eligibility checker for the Self Employment Income Support Scheme here.
- FAQ – CORONAVIRUS JOB RETENTION SCHEME (‘furlough’ for PAYE workers)
- News for Directors of Ltd Companies 5th March 2020
- BECTU’s main COVID-19 page
- NEWS: what BECTU is doing for freelancers
- Template letter for PAYE workers asking to be put on furlough (updated 06/04/20)
- BECTU’s submission to the Treasury 30/03/20
- Letter to 100s of film & TV production companies, 31/03/20
LINKS FROM ELSEWHERE:
- The Chair of the Treasury Select Committee wrote to the Chancellor on 8th April, highlighting the way so many of us are falling through the gaps. This tell us that BECTU’s lobbying is working – their response is here.
- TV Watercooler ‘Coronavirus Hall of Fame’ – a list of those TV production companies who have done the right thing and furloughed their PAYE freelancers. If you worked PAYE for one of these companies in Feb, get in touch with them now!
- Screenskills: Free Remote Training during lockdown
- Announcing the COVID-19 Hardship Fund for freelancers | The Rory Peck Trust
- Joint statement from the Federation of Entertainment Unions (Bectu, Equity, the Musicians’ Union, NUJ & the Writers’ Guild).
- COVID-19: Answering questions from the screen sectors | BFI
- Universal Credit
- Government advice about Coronavirus
- Lastly this made us feel a bit better about the future 🙂